Granola might not be everyone’s favorite thing but those who love it know how it can be used to make the most delicious breakfast dishes and snacks ever. Here are some granola recipes that are somewhat healthy and a whole lot yummy.
By Mariam Elhamy
These chewy Granola Cookies with peanut butter are the perfect healthy cookie recipe.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons nonfat milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup prepared granola
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries or raisins or chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts of choice: pecans, almonds, or walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, place the butter, peanut butter, and brown sugar. Beat on medium-high speed for 2 mins. Add the egg, milk, and vanilla and beat to combine.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon, salt, flour and mix at low speed, just until the dough comes together. Gently stir in the granola, chocolate chips, cranberries, and nuts.
- Portion the batter onto the baking sheet, placing each cookie about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 to 13 mins, until lightly browned and still slightly soft at the center.
- Let the cookies cool for 3 mins.
Paprika Parmesan Granola Bars
These flavorful bars are not just a healthy snack. They can also be used as a satisfying salad ingredient if you crumble them up.
- 1 c. rolled oats, toasted
- 1/2 c. crisp rice cereal
- 1/2 c. parmesan, grated
- 1/2 c. vegetable bits
- 1/3 c. smoked almonds, chopped
- 3 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika (swap in cumin, chili powder, or garlic powder for paprika)
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. Black pepper
- 2 large egg whites, beaten
- 1/2 c. unsweetened nut butter
- Line 8-inch by 8-inch metal pan with foil; grease foil. Combine rolled oats, crisp rice cereal, Parmesan, vegetable bits, smoked almonds, chia seeds, smoked paprika, salt and pepper. Stir in egg whites and unsweetened nut butter. Press firmly into pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes. Cool completely on wire rack. Remove from pan; cut into 8 bars.
Peanut Butter Granola Blondie Bar
Loaded with granola and drenched in dark chocolate, this will be your favorite, most gooey blondie bar.
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 c. unsweetened peanut butter, room temperature
- 3/4 c. brown sugar
- 1/4 c. butter, melted
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 c. 2 tablespoons granola
- 1/2 c. dark chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a square pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together eggs, peanut butter, brown sugar, melted butter, and vanilla. Add flour, baking soda, and salt until blended. Stir in 1/2 cup granola and 1/4 cup chocolate chips and spread evenly in the pan.
- Bake until center is set, 33 to 38 mins. granola recipes
- In a saucepan, melt remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips over low heat, stirring frequently. Drizzle chocolate over bars and sprinkle with remaining 2 tbsp granola.
- Let cool for 2 hours before cutting into bars.
Granola Almond Clusters
If you haven’t made granola clusters before, it’s time to start. This is one of the best granola recipes for it is easy to grab for on-the-go snacking and can curb a sweet tooth.
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup granola
- 1 cup dark chocolate
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- Pinch of sea salt
- Vanilla extract
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together the almonds and granola. Set aside.
- In another bowl, melt dark chocolate and coconut oil until fully melted and smooth (microwave and stir for 15 seconds intervals). Add vanilla extract once the chocolate is fully melted and stir until smooth.
- Pour the almond and granola mixture into the melted dark chocolate, and stir until both ingredients are fully coated in chocolate. granola recipes
- With a tablespoon, scoop the almond and granola mixture from the bowl and place on the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle each cluster with sea salt and refrigerate.
Strawberry Granola Yogurt Parfait
A healthy and satisfying option for those who want to skip the chocolate and go for a lighter dessert.
- 1 lb. strawberries, hulled
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. lemon peel
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 c. granola
- 1/2 c. nonfat plain yogurt
- In a saucepan, cook strawberries, cinnamon, and lemon peel on medium until strawberries are soft but still red, stirring, 8 to 10 mins. Transfer to blender; puree until smooth. Stir in vanilla and lemon juice. granola recipes
- In a jar, distribute granola, nonfat plain yogurt, and strawberry in layers. Can be refrigerated, sealed, overnight. Garnish with strawberries.