Tired of eating the same boring food every day? Enough okra and peas, check out these unconventional recipes from around the world and you will thank us later! new food recipes
Ukrainian Garlic Bread
Freshly baked garlic bread that is so aromatic you won’t need to call everyone for dinner cause they’ll be running down the stairs already.Ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon fresh yeast
- 2 ounces warm water
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- Scant 1 cup white flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1 1/2 tablespoons (new) garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons sunflower oil, plus extra for oiling
- Lightly beaten egg, to glaze
- fine sea salt
- Half a bunch of parsley, finely chopped
- Dissolve yeast and sugar in the water (make sure it is warm, hot water kills yeast). Add half of the flour and mix roughly. Cover with clingfilm and leave to proof in the refrigerator overnight.
- The next morning, add the rest of the flour and 1/2 tablespoon of fine sea salt to the dough and knead on a well-floured work surface until smooth and pulls away from your hands easily. new food recipes
- Divide the dough into 8 pieces and shape into round buns. Put them side by side in an oiled round ovenproof dish or a 9 1/2-inch round cake tin, cover and let them prove again, this time in a warm place until doubled in size. They will join together just like hot cross buns do.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Stir the crushed garlic through the oil with a small pinch of sea salt and let it infuse.
- When the dough looks plump and ready, brush them generously with the egg to glaze and bake them for 20-25 mins or until they form a glistening golden crust. Take them out and baste them with garlic oil. Serve immediately.
Sojouk and Cheese Stuffed Bell Peppers
Texture, sweetness, hot melty cheese and an added layer of spice are what this recipe blend is all about. Try it for yourself and you’ll end up making it every day. new food recipes
- 2 sweet potatoes (peeled and diced)
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 large can black beans
- 1 tomato (chopped)
- 2 shallots (chopped)
- 2 jalapeños (chopped)
- 3 serrano peppers (de-seeded and diced)
- 1 pound minced oriental sausages or sojouk
- 1 cup queso fresco, crumbled
- 1 cup Monterey jack cheese, grated or cubed
- 6 bell peppers (any color, but choose ones that can stand up straight)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Toss sweet potatoes with brown sugar, apple cider vinegar and salt to taste. Bake for 45 mins, or until tender. Set aside.
- Heat a small pot over medium heat. Add the butter, chopped shallots, tomato, and jalapeños. Cook until they start to break down. Add the beans and lime juice and stir. Cover and cook on medium-low for 20 mins. Set Aside.
- Heat a skillet on medium-high and add minced sojouk. Cook until browned.
- Mix sweet potatoes, beans, sojouk, serranos, and cheese together.
- Slice the tops of your peppers (save them), and remove core and seeds.
- While the grill is very hot, grill peppers and their tops until they are just starting to get soft; you don’t want to roast them all the way. When done, fill them with the mixture; put the tops back on.
- Put peppers back on the grill and cover. Cook for 30 mins, spinning every 5 mins.
A potent, salty and savory braised chicken dish with a sheer volume of garlic cloves, thick pieces of ginger and fresh basil leaves for flavor. Irresistible to try at home.
- 3/4 cup sesame oil
- 1 3-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and sliced into 12 to 15 thick discs
- 12 to 15 whole cloves garlic
- 4 whole scallions, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 to 3 small fresh red chilies, halved or sliced
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups packed fresh Thai basil leaves