To make a nice warm and relaxing bubble bath you need a few things that you probably already have at home. Here are 9 steps to take care of your body.
By Mariam Elhamy
- Put on some relaxing music, light your favorite scented candle to help you set the mood and keep a warm towel right next to your bubble bath.
- Rinse your tub and give it a quick brush then fill it with hot water that won’t scald you when getting in, you want the water to stay warm as long as possible.
- Add some soaking bath salts or a bath bomb for physical relaxation and to soothe sore muscles.
- Make your own bubbles by mixing liquid body soap, 1 egg white, 1 tbsp honey and 1 tbsp vanilla extract and pour under the running water as you fill the tub.
- Add 10 drops of essential oils to scent up your bubble bath and to smell amazing afterward. Lavender helps make you sleepy, citrus and vanilla are lovely for relaxation.
- Make yourself some tea or any relaxing hot drink, drink a glass of water or detox water with cucumbers and lemons beforehand to hydrate and bring a book to read.
- Invest in a bath pillow so your neck doesn’t feel stiff after and a bath caddy to hold your book and drink.
- Apply a rejuvenating face and hair mask and use a scrub while in the bath.
- Be sure to use a good moisturizer after you’ve toweled off to lock in the moisture because hot water tends to dehydrate the skin.