As we live in a changing world, we learn to adapt to survive and prosper. Sound Orwellian? Nonetheless, the demand for touchless therapies is booming. We caught up with Dr. Mahmoud El Bendary at Defy Egypt to see what was on offer, and what to expect.
What can we find at Defy Egypt?
Defy Egypt is the first recovery center of its kind in Egypt and the Middle East. We offer the latest technology in the world for recovery and relaxation with seven services which help to eliminate pain and reduce stress, all with no human interaction, especially our zero gravity massage.
What types of touchless treatments and therapies does Defy offer, and what is involved in each of these?
All of our services are touchless and offer a variety of benefits, according to the patient needs. Defy Egypt
Cryotherapy is a quick, easy and routine way to organically benefit your overall health on its own, or when paired with your existing wellness plan. This simple, three-minute experience exposes your body to the coldest temperatures on earth in order to boost the body’s natural processes to burn calories and help alleviate symptoms of existing health conditions. You can get benefits from just one session of cryotherapy.
Benefits of cryotherapy include:
- Faster recovery from injury
- Decreased muscle aches and spasms
- Enhanced lymphatic drainage
- Reduced inflammation and swelling
- Reduced stress, anxiety and fatigue
- Increased metabolism
- Promotes weight loss
- Improved circulation, sleep, mood and libido
- Improved immunity, thus lowering the incidence of colds and flu
- Pain relief from joint disorders, rheumatoid diseases and fibromyalgia
- From a cosmetic viewpoint, it improves appearance by increasing collagen production and helping reduce cellulite, psoriasis, blemishes and acne
Defy also offers the full benefits of immersive cryotherapy with a less intense, more targeted option specifically designed to restore and rejuvenate your face. The cryo lifts are a great option for those looking to maintain a healthy and youthful appearance.
As this is a cryotherapy service that specifically targets the face, it’s a great complement to a full-body cryotherapy experience.
Defy’s saline float rooms offer sensory deprivation with no light and sound and prevent the body from reacting to external stimuli, thus allowing your body and mind to completely rejuvenate and relax. Defy Egypt
This relaxing setting actively removes physical and psychological stress so your body can focus on restoring itself. Float rooms are actually one of the more popular services found at Defy Studio.
Benefits of float therapy include:
- Improved circulation, elevation of mood, increased creativity, relaxation and improved sleep
- A reduction of soreness and pain, improved focus and mental acuity
- Relieved stress and reduced anxiety
- Reduction in blood pressure and heart rate
- Helps with fatigue and jet lag
- Improves creativity, healing, and visualization while expanding awareness and heightening the senses
- Alleviated anxiety and depression
- Increased motivation
- Help with phobias, addiction and PTSD symptoms
- Decreased perception of pain and arthritis, migraines, fibromyalgia and rheumatism relief
An infrared sauna uses light to create heat, and heats your body directly without warming the air around you. The numerous benefits include:
- Better sleep, relaxation, detoxification
- Weight loss
- Relief from sore muscles and relief from joint pain such as arthritis
- Clear and tighter skin
- Improved circulation
- Help for people with chronic fatigue syndrome
Vascular Physical Therapy emits energy through a pad that you lay on, letting it stimulate your blood flow. It increases your blood flow, which in turn allows your body to deliver more oxygen and nutrients to different organs and muscles. Defy Egypt
This improved circulation increases energy, strength, focus and endurance while also helping to relieve stress. BEMER also improves the quality of your sleep
Originally developed to treat medical patients suffering from severe muscular and circulatory disorders, Air Relax technology applies beneficial compression to the limbs to improve your circulation.
Comprised of air-pressure-controlled boots and sleeves, you just sit back and enjoy the benefits of better circulation, whether you’re recovering from an injury, treating symptoms of various ailments, or increasing the results of your training.
Zero Gravity Massage
The point of any massage is to help stress leave the body, whether physical or psychological. Zero Gravity Massage chairs do just that by placing your body in a supported but reclined position that reduces the overall stress on your body so you can get the most benefit from the massage.
Should you have medical clearance from your doctor before undergoing any treatment?
Yes, and we carry out a medical assessment before starting any sessions with one of our professional doctors. There may be contra-indications with patients suffering from heart, neuro and respiratory diseases.
How quickly do you feel the effects and benefits with each type of treatment?
You can feel refreshed, with pain relief immediately after any session, but to maintain the sense of wellbeing you should have frequent sessions. We recommend three times a week in order to benefit fully. Defy Egypt
What other supportive lifestyle advice do you offer your patients?
Using a holistic approach, we offer instructions on how to reduce stress and how to exercise and eat well.
Tel: +202 0100 369 1587
Address: The Strip Mall, Beverly Hills, Sheikh Zayed