It’s that time of the year again, the smell of new books and backpacks is in the air, the buses are just around the corner, school supplies are ready, uniforms ironed; it’s time to send the children back to school!
Kids may not be too happy about ending their summer holiday, but we know a way to get them excited for the start of school: fun and yummy lunchbox meals!
Help your child enjoy school more with the best kid-friendly lunch meals.
This meal by Crave is a staple on children’s menus everywhere. It is savory, easy to make, crispy on the outside but juicy on the inside, and most importantly, it can fit inside any lunchbox. This makes them the perfect school lunch for your child and guarantees you a hug from them in the morning.
- 1 pound (455g) boneless skinless chicken breast or thighs, cut into thin or flat strips
- 2 cups (480ml) panko bread crumbs
- 2 large eggs
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Cut the chicken breast into even strips, make sure they’re all relatively the same size so they cook evenly. Keep in mind that the larger they are, the more cooking time.
- Chicken strips should be seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika. When done put them aside.
- Mix panko bread crumbs in a medium bowl. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs until smooth. Dip the chicken strips in the egg, then in the panko bread crumbs. Place the chicken strips in a bowl of panko bread crumbs and coat thoroughly. Repeat the process with the remaining chicken pieces.
- In a deep frying pan, heat the oil until it reaches a temperature of about 190°C. Do not let the oil get too hot or else the chicken strips will burn on the outside and still be raw on the inside.
- Fry the chicken till golden brown on both sides and until the chicken is fully cooked in the center.
- When it cools, put it in the lunchbox, and now your child is ready to go!
You might also want to try Crave’s Burgers in the Lunchbox… Made Easy!