Are you obsessed with popcorn like we are? This light snack is everyone’s favorite for a reason and as much as we love the classic salt and caramel we’re experimenting with some interesting recipes that we know you’ll be making every day once you try.
By Mariam Elhamy
Honey Mustard Popcorn
If you’re in the mood for sweet, savory, and tangy popcorn, this is the one to beat. Who says honey and mustard can only be used as a dip? popcorn recipes
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 ½ tablespoon coconut oil
- ⅓ cup popcorn kernels (55 g)
- In a small bowl, mix together the onion powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate small bowl, mix together the mustard, vinegar, and honey. Set aside.
- Melt the coconut oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add 3-4 popcorn kernels and cover with the lid. Once they pop, add the rest of the kernels and cover, shaking every 10 seconds, until they begin to pop. Once the pops are more than 3 seconds apart, turn off the heat and let sit for 15 seconds to allow any final kernels to pop.
- Drizzle the honey mustard and toss to coat then sprinkle the salt and onion powder mixture and stir to coat evenly.
Peanut Butter Popcorn
A quick and easy, lightly sweet, drizzled, creamy, peanut buttery snack. You can quickly whip up this yummy snack for movie night. popcorn recipes
- ⅓ cup popcorn kernels
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon natural peanut butter
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pop the popcorn on the stove top or in the microwave.
- Add the sugar, butter, peanut butter, and vanilla extract to a small pot. Put over medium heat and stir together until the sugar is dissolved about 3 mins.
- Remove from heat and drizzle across the popped popcorn while shaking the bowl.
White Chocolate Popcorn
Movie night just got extra fun with this colorful and super easy white chocolate popcorn recipe. popcorn recipes
- 8 cups popped popcorn
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 – 10 ounce bag white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup sprinkles
- 1 – 10 ounce bag candy or M&Ms
- Stir together the popped popcorn and marshmallows in a big bowl.
- Melt the white chocolate in the microwave and pour over the popcorn. Stir everything until it is coated. Add the sprinkles and candy to the mixture.
Bring in the heat! This popcorn is bursting with flavor, from thyme to garlic to paprika, every bite gives you different levels of deliciousness.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons popcorn kernels
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Add the oil to a large pot over medium heat. Add the popcorn kernels and cover, with the lid ajar.
- Shake the pot back and forth every few minutes. Remove from the heat when the popping has slowed and most kernels are popped approximately 7 mins. Set aside.
- When ready to serve, add the remaining ingredients to the popped popcorn. Stir to coat. Add more moisture if needed to get everything to stick with either more hot sauce (if you want it spicier) or more oil.
Cinnamon Roll Popcorn
This Cinnamon Roll Popcorn recipe tastes just like a cinnamon roll! It’s so yummy you’ll be 100% addicted to it.
- 10 cups popcorn kernels (popped)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 oz white chocolate
- Preheat oven to 325°F, lightly grease a baking sheet or line with parchment paper.
- In a saucepan over medium heat add the brown sugar, butter, corn syrup, and salt. Bring it to a boil, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and stir the mixture for 1 min to cool it slightly. Add the cinnamon, vanilla, and baking powder and stir to combine.
- Pour the sugar/butter mixture over the popcorn and toss to coat. Spread the popcorn mixture in a single layer on the baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 mins or until the sugar coating is set. (don’t overbake otherwise it will be hard).
- Drizzle the melted white chocolate over the popcorn and serve!
Cookies and Cream Popcorn
Oreo lovers will adore this delicious and easy no-bake snack that can be made in 10 minutes with only 3 ingredients! You won’t be able to put it down! popcorn recipes
- 10-12 cups popped popcorn (about 1/2 cup kernels)
- 14 ounce package white chocolate chips
- 1 cup crushed Oreos
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Melt the white chocolate in the microwave for one minute. Stir and then microwave an additonal 15 seconds, or until melted. Pour over popcorn and stir until coated.
- Then stir in the Oreos and salt, until evenly covered. Enjoy!
Garlic Butter and Herb Popcorn
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves peeled and crushed
- 1 cup popcorn kernels
- 2 tablespoons dried herbs of your choice
- ¼ teaspoon celery seed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- In a large pan over medium heat, melt the butter with the garlic. Allow the garlic to cook slowly with the butter for 3-4 mins until the butter is infused with the garlic.
- Remove the garlic cloves and discard.
- Add the oil and increase the heat to medium high. Add the popcorn and cover the pan. As the popcorn pops, shake the pan occasionally to distribute the butter and to prevent the popcorn from burning.
- When most of the kernels have popped, remove the pan from the heat and sprinkle with herbs, celery seed, and salt. Replace the top and shake vigorously to distribute the herbs evenly.
Two of our all-time favorite movie snacks sundae and popcorn, rolled into one dessert? Sounds good to us! popcorn recipes
- 3 cups (35g) caramel popcorn, plus extra to serve
- 1/2 cup (75g) roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1.25L vanilla ice cream softened
- 150g dark (70%) chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup (50g) coconut oil
- Place the popcorn in a food processor and pulse until roughly chopped. Fold the popcorn and peanuts through the ice cream, then refreeze for 1 hour or until firm.
- Place the chocolate and coconut oil in a heatproof bowl and microwave for 1 min. Stir until melted, then set aside to cool slightly.
- Add scoops of ice cream in cups or glasses then pour over chocolate sauce and serve with extra popcorn.